Thursday, April 24, 2008

goodbye to you

we recently had senior meeting, the last time we would be with all the seniors from alpha chi. there was a slideshow with sentimental music, which was far more emotional than i normally allow myself to be. i have only been part of this group [proper term: sisterhood] for less than a year, but i already know i will love it for life. even after my first week in alpha chi, i knew it was the place where i was supposed to be, which sounds so contrived it makes me want to gag. saying goodbye to heaney was really sad. i was the first one she called off on her list in her senior will, and just hearing her talk about meeting me and knowing me, and how i will have to go on without her was sad. college moves far too quickly, i have learned this now. i have already lost an entire year. this post is far too frightening to continue.

No comments: